1. Poetry does not have to rhyme.
Well, at least not
all the time always.
2. Metaphors are great!
But mixing them is not so good.
If they start to fly in all directions,
then nip them in the bud.
3. Focus and concentration
are important skills to hone.
Turn the wi-fi off.
Don’t get distracted by your ph-
4. Avoid clichés like the plague.
5. Don’t do stuff that’s too vague.
6. The use of needlessly long words
may result in reader alienation.
Rein in your sesquipedalianism
in case it should cause obfuscation.
6. Always proof-read you’re work.
Accuracy can be it’s own reward!
And remember that the penis
mightier than the sword.
8. Haiku look easy
but plan ahead or you may
run out of sylla
9. Never ever follow rules.